If you currently:
Have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B or better, with a passenger (P-1) endorsement;
Have at least three (3)years driving experience in a commercial vehicle;
Have a clean driving record for the past three (3)years (no accidents, no violations); and
Can pass a pre-employment drug test and DOT physical.
Then we may have a position for you.
Please contact Gary Coleman at email@example.com to request an application.
Examples of knowledge, skills and abilities of our drivers:
- Knowledge of geographic service area; ability to read and interpret maps and understand dispatch instructions;
- Ability to understand the route schedule and maximize resources;
- Ability to complete reports;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, agents and the traveling public;
- Ability to understand and follow local, state, and federal regulations as applicable to the position and services, including maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License;
- Ability to analyze work associated problems and implement solutions;
- Ability to operate safely a passenger motorcoach up to and in excess of 40,000 lb GVW;
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision;
- Ability to assimilate transportation schedules and their relationships in order to assist passengers with their travel questions and problems;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to drive and operate a passenger bus sometimes with manual transmission with no synchronization;
- Ability to assist passengers boarding and de-boarding the bus;
- Ability to provide assistance to non-ambulatory persons by utilizing mobility aids, lifts, tie downs and other equipment as necessary;
- Ability to perform daily vehicle safety and operational inspections and report any defects;
- Ability to maintain ongoing communications with ticket agencies and bus loading locations
- Ability to maintain driver logs and time reports with accuracy and detail as prescribed by the Federal Transportation Administration and company policy;
- Ability to accurately report and collect tickets and sell occasional cash fares; and
- Ability to report problems or emergencies affecting the availability and/or quality of service in a timely manner.